Do you want to know how to clean dust from laptop without compressed air? The users who usually stream as gaming enthusiasts, or you can say, people who use high-end or heavy programs for some productive or creative stuff, it’s essential for you guys to ensure your laptop’s performance.
One of the most important things is that cooling your device can improve its performance.
Your device also needs to be cleaned, and people use compressed air for this purpose.
Cleaning with compressed air isn’t preferable because it’s not easy to have control over air pressure for you when you are a beginner.
Read More: How to Clean Laptop Screen and Keyboard Safely
In this article, you’ll learn how to clean dust from laptop without compressed air.
Not only this, but you will explore more about keeping your laptop clean.
Let’s get into the details!
Different ways on How to Clean Dust From Laptop Without Compressed Air
You know what? Some practical and valuable methods contribute to the cleanliness of your laptop.
It’s crucial to keep your laptop clean from dust, and sometimes, it just sticks on your device and looks so messy after a long time.
Plus, it can also trouble the performance of your device.
Read More: Gaming Laptops With Best Cooling System
That’s why I will suggest you clean your laptop of dust daily.
The following are the different ways to clean the dust from a laptop without compressed air;
Disassemble the laptop:
The first method is to disassemble the laptop.
I know that for someone who is not good enough at disassembling the laptop, it’s going to be quite difficult for him.
However, if you haven’t cleaned your laptop for a long time, it is preferred to clean your device manually.
Because I think if you open your laptop, you’ll be able to clean the fan and dust from it properly.
Additionally, it will be easy to clean the blades and vents.
This procedure may take much time, but you can be tension-free for a while once you have done this.
Follow the below guidelines;
- Firstly you need to turn off your laptop and remove the battery.
- Then, drag the screws from the bottom panel; however, you must ensure that you use the correct screwdriver.
- To not lose the screws, put them in a bowl, so it will also be easy for you to access them.
- When you locate the fan, hold it firmly to avoid damage before cleaning.
- After that, ensure to use a microfiber cloth for proper cleanliness.
- Further, it will also clean and collect all the dust particles from the fan.
- The last step is to blow into the fan with your mouth because it will help in preventing excessive dust.
- Once you are done with the whole process, you can reassemble your device and place all the screws tight enough.
There are some pros and cons to this method.
Let’s get into the details;
- It allows you to clean the laptop fan extensively.
- Cheap to use.
- Demands for patience.
- Requires care to prevent damages.
- It consumes time.
Tip: you can also go for Q-tip, napkin, or any makeup brush for cleaning the dust from the fan blades and vents.
Use a Vacuum cleaner:
The following is another way to clean your laptop’s sticky dust,
If you use a vacuum cleaner, it offers you ease of cleanliness.
You can use a vacuum in two ways, and both have other purposes. One is used for sucking the dirt, and the other one is used as a blower; however, you won’t find these settings in all the vacuums.Follow the following steps to proceed further;
- First, you need to switch off your laptop and have a non-metallic object such as wood; place a small piece between the hole and the fan’s blade, so the fan doesn’t spin.
- Secondly, set the vacuum at low pressure instead of a high one, then turn it on. Look, don’t place the vacuum directly over the fan blades. Just try to put it to the vents at an angle.
- The next step is to use the vacuum close enough to the vents for at least 4 to 5 seconds, and you can repeat this procedure.
- It’s crazy to bring the vacuum in direct contact with the fan vent. I recommend you keep it at a distance first and avoid direct contact with the machine.
Instead of using any other category of vacuum, you should go for handheld vacuums because they don’t come with high pressures and are effective simultaneously.
This is how you can clean the dust from your laptop without compressed air.
The following are the advantages and disadvantages of using a vacuum for cleaning.
- Quick and easy.
- No need to disassemble the laptop.
- It would help if you were very careful because of the electricity
Tip: for this purpose, you should use a lightweight cordless handheld vacuum because it’s small and comfortable.
Use a Hairdryer
I’m sure that most of you have heard about using a hairdryer to clean the dust or dirt from the laptop.
If you don’t want to use a vacuum, then a hairdryer is ideal; however, you should go for a small compact hairdryer.
Because such tools are effective in blowing the dust off and its handy plus easy to use.
Below, there is step-by-step guidance.
- Initially, your laptop should be turned off, and the battery should be removed.
- Before starting the process, you need to place a non-metallic object between the fan’s grill and blades because this won’t allow the laptop to spin.
- See, it doesn’t matter whether your dryer is cool or hot; however, a heated hairdryer can melt the plastic parts of the laptop. But, here, you can do one thing to ensure the hairdryer doesn’t touch any laptop component.
- Once you have placed the hairdryer, keep it close for a few seconds so that it blows off the dust and cleans the fan.
There are also a few benefits and drawbacks of using this technique, such as;
- Offers easy access
- Don’t need additional tools
- Comes with high damage risk
- Demands extra care
- Use a Silicon Blower
Use a Silicon Brower:
Last but not least, a blower made of silicon can work just like a can of compressed air; however, you’ll find it much easier and cheaper.
There is one more similarity between a can with compressed air and a silicon blower that can be used for cleaning the dust from electronics such as laptop fans etc., to get desired outcomes.
You need to follow the following steps;
- The first thing you should do is be in an open space and if you intend to do this in a room, then do it by the window.
- The blower will start working when you press it down on the container. After that, you’ll need to release it so that the dust is removed from the fan.
- See, it’s evident that if you don’t do it properly, you will experience a mess.
There are some advantages and disadvantages of using this technique for cleaning the dust from the laptop;
- You can easily handle it
- This method is cheap and durable
- Due to low pressure, it may not clean all the dust.
How to Clean the Dust from the Laptop?
Above, the different ways you can clean the dust from the laptop are discussed.
However, it is also essential to know how you clean.
If you follow all the steps correctly, you’ll get impressive outcomes. The following are the steps;
Unplug the Laptop:
The first step is to unplug the laptop if that is connected to any power source.
Once you have done this, now you can place your device upside-down.
However, I will prefer to place it on an anti-static mat.
Remove the Bottom Panel:
The second step is removing the bottom panel of the laptop.
There is one thing: laptop manufacturers won’t construct the same enclosures.
You will find some laptops which come with removable screws when needed. For this purpose, you can use any small screwdriver (Philip’s head).
Further, if the screws are small, you may use tools such as tweezers, needle-nose pliers, or electronic forceps.
When you unscrew the screws, place them on a plate where they can be safe.
The most important thing is if the screws are pretty distinctive in size or length, then you should write down their location because it will help you when you reassemble your laptop.
Hold the Fan in One Place:
Once you have located the fan, hold it in one place, so it doesn’t spin.
When you clean the fan, ensure not to remove it because you won’t be able to fix it until you are not an expert; otherwise, there can be significant damage to the hardware.
Hold the Fan With a Cloth:
Firstly, start cleaning the front side of the fan and gently rub it to clean the dust from the middle.
If you find that the lint-free cloth is not clean enough, replace it with another clean one, or you can change the sides of the fabric.
Make sure that the clumps of dust or dirt stay inside the fan; otherwise, all your efforts will be well-spent.
Clean the Vents:
When you finish the fan’s front and center part, it’s time to clean the vents.
Take a clean cloth or a different side of the same fabric, and wipe the vents and the wide plus open area where the dust is gathered.
Gently Blow into the Fan:
Make sure to gently blow into the fan to clean the fallen dust on the laptop.
You can repeat this procedure until you don’t find it clean enough.
Once, you are done with the cleanliness, replace the bottom cover of the laptop.
Note: You know that you shouldn’t remove the hardware until you don’t have enough knowledge of the laptop’s components.
Avoid using a vacuum for cleaning the dust; otherwise, the machine can cause static discharge, which can become a reason for the damage to hardware.
To prevent damage, ensure to disconnect your device from any power source.
Can I clean my laptop without compressed air?
Of course, you can clean your device without compressed air. There are different ways to do that. You can use a handheld vacuum cleaner, a hairdryer, and a silicon blower to remove the dust. However, before going for any of the methods, switch off the laptop and remove the battery.
How do I clean the dust out of my computer without compressed air?
Knowing enough about the laptop’s hardware, you can disassemble it and clean it manually. If you are a beginner, you can go for a hairdryer or blower. You can also use a vacuum cleaner. While in this cleaning procedure, it’s essential for you to make sure that your device isn’t connected to any power source; otherwise, it can cause severe damage to your machine.
Can I vacuum my keyboard?
Yeah, you can use a vacuum to clean the keyboard. Sometimes, when you use a laptop, you find dust particles on the laptop’s keys, which feel so messy. To remove all the dust from the keyboard, you can vacuum it; however, it is preferred to use a USB-powered vacuum designed just for cleaning the keyboards.
Is it OK to vacuum the laptop?
In my opinion, a vacuum cleaner is helpful and offers effective results; however, you should ensure that your laptop isn’t connected to any power source; otherwise, it can damage the hardware. Because a vacuum can create static electricity, always use a handheld vacuum for cleaning the dirt or dust from the laptop.
How do I remove dust from my keyboard?
There are several ways to do that. You can shake your laptop to clean the dirt, and you may use a bower or hairdryer but at a distance, and it will blow off the debris. A lint-free cloth or cotton swabs can also be used to remove the dust. It’s up to you which method is convenient for you.
How do you clean under the keys?
If you find dust under the keys, you can do one thing that takes the tape and tear it off in small pieces. Then, take the part of an inch and fold it in half. A video comes with stickiness, and this is how this stickiness will remove the dust between your keys. I’m sure you’ll notice that the debris has been removed.
To have good performance, a laptop should be dust or dirt-free. In my opinion, when your hardware is dirty or has accumulated dust, it will get overheated because, due to dust, the cooling fan won’t be able to perform well.
That’s why you must make sure of the cleanliness of your laptop.
There are various methods, such as a handheld vacuum cleaner, a silicon blower, and a hairdryer; however, I suggest keeping their disadvantages in mind.
Always use a lint-free cloth and never use directly the tools plus maintain a distance between the fan and the device.
How can I clean dust from the laptop without compressed air? Go for the above-discussed methods and clean the dirt!